Developer Log/Archive 1
Essjay 11:03, 16 March 2006 (EST)
I've tweaked the code to reinsert the steward class I created, remove userrights from siteadmin (for security reasons) and change the title of "siteadmin" to "developer," as that is a more familiar term.
Essjay 11:20, 16 March 2006 (EST)
I've created the directory "backup" for, suprise, backup copies. The scheme is this: When you replace LocalSettings.php you should check to see what the next number in sequence is, and name your version #.txt, and FTP it into the backup directory at the sametime you overwrite the exiting LocalSettings.php. Reference the number in your entry here. (For example, my entry above is 2.txt; 1.txt was the version before my changes.) This prevents the need for saving a backup before you start making changes; the current version will always be the highest number in "backup." If you change another file, create a separate backup folder with a descriptive name, and log it here.
Essjay 19:07, 17 March 2006 (EST)
I've added the Special:Makesysop extension; I'm testing now, and if it works, I will be setting all senior staff as bureaucrats. Backup is 3.txt Essjay 19:07, 17 March 2006 (EST)
Essjay 09:22, 18 March 2006 (EST)
I've added the Special:Maketrusted and Special:Makebot extensions, and both work. I still need to remove the "set bureaucrat flag" box from Special:Maketrusted, but that will only take a second. The backup of LocalSettings.php is 5.txt.
AdamJacobMuller 19:54, 18 March 2006 (EST)
Essjay 10:34, 19 March 2006 (EST)
I have enabled the Checkuser extension and set checkuser rights for myself for testing purposes. I will not be using it on any other CVU members for security reasons. Essjay 10:34, 19 March 2006 (EST)
- I have finished testing, disabled the extension, and removed checkuser rights from my account. In the event it is needed, there are instructions commented into LocalSettings.php
Essjay 05:15, 20 March 2006 (EST)
I've enabled a "rollback" class, and Special:Makerollback to implement it. It's really a redundant class, since "trusted" grants rollback; for the most part, I'm keeping it in waiting in case RFR ever moves on Wikipedia. Essjay 05:15, 20 March 2006 (EST)
Az1568 01:25, 4 July 2007 (PDT)
- Main cvwiki is down, running a backup on my server.
- Added a bunch of extensions...
- Upgraded MW to r23594
Az1568 02:56, 14 July 2007 (PDT)
Disabled all mail functions as the mail server is broken. I'll re-enable them once the new mail server is setup. (Maybe tomorrow?)
- Re-enabled all mail functions -- new server up. --Az1568 08:54, 14 July 2007 (PDT)
Az1568 18:14, 29 July 2007 (PDT)
- Upgraded MW/extensions (MW to r24028) --Az1568 18:14, 29 July 2007 (PDT)
Az1568 21:17, 11 August 2007 (PDT)
Disabled all e-mail functions (again), as my new IP is listed in the DNSBL and my ISP seems to have a problem with relaying mail.... --Az1568 21:17, 11 August 2007 (PDT)
Az1568 21:50, 29 August 2007 (PDT)
E-mail should be fixed. Site will be down on Thursday due to a temporary electrical service interruption (likely 7-9 hours max).
Az1568 02:52, 15 October 2007 (PDT)
Installed/configured Bugzilla, Mailman and Squid for a multiple apache configuration (load balance), updated all apache.conf's and LocalSettings.php's to reflect changes. Added Google Analytics script to track site stats.
Az1568 14:13, 21 December 2007 (PST)
Setup OTRS for future use and the mailing list interface for internal staff communication. Also updated the squid configuration, but their still seems to be a problem with internal IP's showing up even with forwarded for on. :/
Az1568 01:54, 23 December 2007 (PST)
Fixed the squid x forwarded for thing and enabled MW to use our local memcached server.
- Fixed userrights bug.
Az1568 23:55, 24 December 2007 (PST)
Note to self:
- Fix apache url problem and watch cbrown's userrights changes..he's sneaky. :P
Az1568 12:58, 28 December 2007 (PST)
Fix userrights rights error. --Az1568 12:58, 28 December 2007 (PST)