CVN-ClerkBot is a new bot, here to replace Misza's original "CVNclerkBOT" which hasn't been operating for quite a while. It basically does the same thing as "CVNclerkBOT" with a few extra functions to assist staffers.
- Hosting: The bot is temporarily being run by Seahorse, but will soon be moved to the ~cvn project on the Wikimedia Toolserver.
- Source Code: The bot's source code is being maintained by Seahorse and Firebolt.
|!staff <message (optional)>||Everyone||Notifies staff members in #cvn-staff that assistance has been requested, providing the channel it was used in and any additional details included by the person who used it.|
|!globalnotice <message>||Staff||Issues a global message to every CVN channel. This can be used by staffers to inform users about a bot problem, or other important information.|
|CVN-ClerkBot join <channel>||Staff||Makes the bot join a new channel, and adds it to the bot's auto-join list.|
|CVN-ClerkBot part <channel>||Staff||Makes the bot part a channel, and removes it from the bot's auto-join list.|
The bot is rather new. We are hoping to create additional functions in the future, including but not limited to:
- A similar system to HelpMeBot, where !staff requests are remembered and kept until processed by a staffer.
- A bot monitoring system, which will check every 60 seconds which bots are connected to freenode, and which bots are not. When a bot is detected as missing, CVN-ClerkBot will alert #cvn-staff and perhaps in the future even start the missing bots by itself.
- A global ban system, per "CVN banned users". Bans registered globally will be set on every channel. The bot will keep a list of current bans, and the nickname/host of the staffer who set the global ban.
If you have a suggestion feel free to let us know on this page's talk page.